C.A.S. Kittens Seeking Homes up to 6 months old
Our Kitten Policy
Please consider the following important points when thinking of adopting a kitten or kittens:-
- Many people enquire about homing a single kitten. Are you at work all day? If so, a single kitten would get very lonely, it may be better to consider a pair of kittens to keep each other company during the long day.
- Can you keep a kitten or kittens indoors until they have been spayed/neutered? If you have children, what are the practicalities of them keeping doors and windows closed?
- Kittens become cats and can live to a ripe old age (up to 20 years at times) – it is a long commitment!
- Do you go away on holiday a lot – who will look after the cat or cats?
- Do you live on a busy road, or is the surrounding area very busy? If so, this is not an ideal place for a kitten to live – you may be better considering a ‘streetwise’ cat.
- Veterinary fees can be expensive. As a guide, annual vaccinations are approximately £30-£35 each (kittens need 2 vaccinations when they are 9 and 13 weeks old). Spaying and neutering costs £65-£85 per kitten. Check with your local vet for their tariff, as prices do vary. Feeding a cat will cost you a minimum of £7 per week. Your cat will also need regular flea and worm treatment.
- We generally do not home kittens to flats as we feel they should have the opportunity to safely explore outdoors and in a garden, feeling free to come and go through a cat flap. However, we can make exceptions to this if there are kittens that need an indoor home because it is in their best interest, and this will be noted in their descriptions. We always make any physical and behavioural assessments we need using fully qualified professionals to decide on the best home for our kittens based on their individual needs, and for some, indoor homes may only be needed short term. If you can offer an indoor home for a kitten, please call us to discuss the animals we have available..
These guidelines are for the best interests of the cats and also the new owners– remember that happy cats make happy cat owners!
Please note that a minimum donation of £75 for un-vaccinated kittens (usually under 10 weeks) and £30 extra for fully vaccinated kittens is required (£15 per vaccination). This enables the charity to carry on helping the many cats that are referred to us for re-homing.
Please do not send emails in regard to adoption. Thank you.
This page contains kittens looking for homes that are up to 6 months old. For kittens above this age please refer to Cats Seeking Homes page.
Cats and dogs adopted from Croydon Animal Samaritans come with 5 Weeks Free pet insurance - whatever their age!
*** ALSO CHECK OUR FACEBOOK PAGE FOR NEW ARRIVALS AND UPDATES AND LIKE US! ***
Cooper and Mini, a delightful pair of kittens, are 12 weeks old and would prefer to be in a home without young children.
Please call Heather on 020 8657 0327 for more details.
Riff Raff long haired male and Roxy short haired female brother and sister who must go together as devoted to each other. They are 5 months old and will shortly be neutered and micro-chipped and are vaccinated. We are looking for an adult only home as Riff Raff is a little shy. They are very playful and loving. They need a garden on a safe road.
To view please call Jean on 020 8777 3065.
Jess & Sophie
These two very pretty tabby female kittens came into together with other sibling. There are now the only ones left and they are now around 5 months old. We would like to home them together. They need a home with a garden on a safe road.
Please call Jackie on 07511 897012.
Beautiful Amber is an elegent 4 month old kitten that is currently looking for her forever home. Amber was handed into a vets after she was found collapsed in a garden a few weeks ago. At the time she was suffering from a mass infection due to an untreated abcess. She has since been nursed back to health by the vet staff and is now ready to start looking for her forever home. Amber can be a little shy when meeting new people, but soon warms up! She enjoys spending her day cuddled up in her bed, watching with interest when we wave a feather toys around. She is a very social cat that would do welll either by herself or with another cat.
Ava and Eva are a pair of playful 9 week old kittens that are currently looking for their forever home. Their mum arrived into our care after she was trapped by our volunteers from a feral cat colony in Peckham. At the time she was heaviy pregnant, and a few days later gave birth to a litter of 4 kittens. 2/4 kittens have already found their forever home, leaving Ava and Eva still searching! They are a playful pair that enjoy chasing toys around their chalet and cuddle up together once tired for a snooze.
Please call Jackie on 07511 897012.
*** We currently have older kittens and young cats waiting for new homes now - see our cat page ***