C.A.S. Kittens Seeking Homes up to 6 months old
Our Kitten Policy
Please consider the following important points when thinking of adopting a kitten or kittens:-
- Many people enquire about homing a single kitten. Are you at work all day? If so, a single kitten would get very lonely, it may be better to consider a pair of kittens to keep each other company during the long day.
- Can you keep a kitten or kittens indoors until they have been spayed/neutered? If you have children, what are the practicalities of them keeping doors and windows closed?
- Kittens become cats and can live to a ripe old age (up to 20 years at times) – it is a long commitment!
- Do you go away on holiday a lot – who will look after the cat or cats?
- Do you live on a busy road, or is the surrounding area very busy? If so, this is not an ideal place for a kitten to live – you may be better considering a ‘streetwise’ cat.
- Veterinary fees can be expensive and vary from vet to vet. As a guide, annual vaccinations can cost between £30-£50 each (kittens need 2 vaccinations when they are 9 and 13 weeks old). Spaying and neutering costs between £65-£85 per kitten. Check with your local vet for their tariff. Feeding a cat will cost you a minimum of £7 per week. Your cat will also need regular flea and worm treatment.
- We generally do not home kittens to flats as we feel they should have the opportunity to safely explore outdoors and in a garden, feeling free to come and go through a cat flap. However, we can make exceptions to this if there are kittens that need an indoor home because it is in their best interest, and this will be noted in their descriptions. We always make any physical and behavioural assessments we need using fully qualified professionals to decide on the best home for our kittens based on their individual needs, and for some, indoor homes may only be needed short term. If you can offer an indoor home for a kitten, please call us to discuss the animals we have available..
These guidelines are for the best interests of the cats and also the new owners– remember that happy cats make happy cat owners!
Please note that a minimum donation of £90 for un-vaccinated kittens (usually under 10 weeks) and £40 extra for fully vaccinated kittens is required (£20 per vaccination). This enables the charity to carry on helping the many cats that are referred to us for re-homing.
Please do not send emails in regard to adoption. Thank you.
This page contains kittens looking for homes that are up to 6 months old. For kittens above this age please refer to Cats Seeking Homes page.
PJ & Paladin and Simon & Theodore
These lovely boys are siblings and cousins that are aged between 5-6 months old and are looking for a home together in pairs. They are very lively boys and always looking to get into mischief and chase each other around, although they do enjoy a fuss and a cuddle once they have run out of steam! They have been in foster care for a long time now due to some stomach sensitivities which are now fully resolved, and are excited to find a new home that they can explore and play in. They have not yet been outside so would be keen to explore the outdoors in a safe garden once they have settled and found their confidence. We are currently looking to home them in the following pairs.
- PJ (black and white) & Paladin (black) shown in the photo together.
- Simon (black and white) and Theodore (black and white) in single photos.
All pairs are shorthaired cats and are used to living with other cats and dogs in their foster home. They are all fully vaccinated, vet checked, and micro chipped and some of the larger boys have been neutered.
If you are able to offer any of these energetic boys a home, please complete the online application form here
(Posted 09/08/21 & updated 28/08/21)
Meet Pearl, Barny ,Pebbles and Fred,
who are very lively 14 week old kittens. They are very friendly and very playful, they love company and will need someone who is about most of the day. Their first vaccination was given at the beginning of August and their second, at the end of the month or beginning of September.
Please read our kitten policy re adoption, they must be homed in pairs and not near a main road. As the kittens are so young they would not be suitable for very young children. When they are old enough they will require access to their own garden.
If you would like to offer them a loving home please call Barbara on 07387 100718
Charlie & Albert Kittens
Charlie and Albert came to us on 30th June at only 2 weeks old. They have been bottle fed and they are coming along nicely. They have not yet had their vaccinations, but once they have had them and grown a little more they will be ready to be homed.
They love playing as you can imagine.
They love each other so much and can never be apart. They will need to be homed together. They are used to all the noises in the home and very well settled and socialized. They will need a house or flat with a garden to play in when they are old enough. No small children or babies please.
If you would like to offer them a home please call Barbara on 07387 100718
Jinks was taken in by a kind family when she appeared pregnant in their garden. They are giving her a forever home,
after she has reared the kittens and has been spayed.
She and her kittens are now in our care and will be ready for rehoming in mid October. They are very friendly and extremely lively and would love a home together. Please contact Barbara on 07387100718
Bernard and Bob
Bernard & Bob are approximately 14 weeks old and love chasing each other around the flat. Love curling up on the sofa with their foster mum, they are lap cats on their terms. They are getting used to being gently combed. Love playing with their feathered wand toys, and chasing balls and shooting through their play tunnel. Both love being stroked , especially under the chin. Bob likes to follow Bernard’s lead when getting into mischief. They love laying in the sun on the warm kitchen floor, and also love laying on the office chair, even when in use! They also like sleeping on the foster mums bed at night. Bernard and Bob also like rough and tumble together but will also cuddle up together and wash each other. Both have a lovely temperament and are happy to be picked up for cuddles. They must be homed together in a house or flat with access to a garden and not on a main road. Being young they are very energetic and although good with children not with babies or the very young. They have both been health checked by a vet and are ready to go. If you would like to offer Bernard and Bob a new home please call our helpline during opening hours on 07934 179234.
Cheese & Pickle
Cheese & Pickle are 6 month old sister and brother siblings that were born in a colony where we rescued several cats and kittens, including 4 pregnant cats! Sadly they had already been born outside by the time we were called in and their other 2 siblings had already passed away. Their Mum Spot, has finished her parenting duties and has found her forever home, and so now it is their turn. They are a fun, friendly pair, always keen to play and investigate, but do like a stoke and a fuss as well. They are ideally looking for a home on a quiet road with a garden they can explore once they are settled and confident. They are used to other cats, dogs and would be suitable to be homed with older children.
If you can offer them the forever home they are looking for please complete the online form here
Katniss was brought into our care several months ago, you can read her story Here
, She has done such a good job with her kittens but now it's time to get them ready for the rest of their lives! They are currently 7 weeks old, they wont be ready to go to their forever homes until after the 19th of October. There are 2 black and white, 1 black short haired and 1 black fluffy kitten. There are 2 girls and 2 boys. Please note we will only be homing them in pairs! If you are looking for a single kitten do not apply for these! They are all looking for a home on a safe road with a garden. It is also in our policy that we do not home kittens with children under the age of 5. If you would like to offer these kittens suitable forever homes fill out the form HERE.
Handsome Chunk is a semi longhaired mostly black male kitten around 5/6 months old that was rescued as a stray living in garden along with his mother Clara. Sadly Chunk had a sibling that disappeared before we were called in to rescue them. His mother Clara was also heavily pregnant when we took her in and has since had 3 kittens, which Chunk is happy to help with by snuggling up to them and keeping them warm. When living as a stray a kind samaritan fed him and allowed him into her home so he is used to people and a home environment, but just needs to develop his confidence with being picked up and handled.
Having being separated from his sibling he is desperate to find a home with companion he can run around and play with so ideally we would like to home him with an existing cat. He is used to living with other cats and dogs in his current foster home. He would like a home with a private garden that he can explore when he is ready but he would need to be kept indoors intially for at least a few months to allow time for him to bond with his new family and develop his confidence. Full behavioural support will be provided during the adoption process and after.
Chunk is fully vaccinated, micro-chipped and has been neutered. If you can offer him the home he deserves please complete the online application form here.